- This event has passed.
2016 Climate Knowledge Brokers Workshop
September 20, 2016 - September 22, 2016
The Climate Knowledge Brokers Group (CKB) gathers the best climate knowledge brokers in the world to discuss tactics and strategies to use information to shift the world to a more climate compatible future. Join us in the Rocky Mountains in September to discuss how best to perform the role.
This workshop will be fully interactive – don’t expect lots of powerpoint presentations. If you come to CKB, you come to work; to share; to think.
The objectives of this year’s CKB workshop are:
- Consider developments affecting climate knowledge brokering
- Provide networking opportunities and peer support to climate knowledge brokers, (e.g. through ‘knowledge sharing clinics’)
- Contribute to future development of CKB activities including capacity building for knowledge brokers and the Climate Knowledge Grid concept.
- Broaden the participation and increase understanding of the CKB group and the principles of climate knowledge brokering
The workshop offers a number of specific opportunities for you to shape your participation:
- Volunteer as a ‘patient’ in a ‘knowledge sharing clinic’; an intensive, facilitated peer support exercise that offers the opportunity to present a specific current challenge or issue, and receive support, suggestions and advice from other participants acting as doctors;
- Organise a session. Other participants will be able to choose from the options available;
- Bring a poster to display at the Outreach Event to promote your organisation’s work.
The U.S. Dept. of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is hosting this year’s CKB Annual Workshop at its facility in Golden, Colorado. During the workshop you’ll have the opportunity to tour the labs.
For further info see: CKB 2016 Workshop Background and Logistics note (PDF, 650kb)
Additional info on access to NREL: NREL Golden Visitor Information (PDF, 1Mb)
N.B. The workshop is free to attend but you must register by Friday 2nd September in order to attend to gain entrance to NREL. Click here to register.
This workshop is made possible with the support of REEEP and the Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN). It is kindly hosted by NREL.