- This event has passed.
2015 Climate Knowledge Brokers Workshop
June 23, 2015 @ 9:00 am - June 24, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
We would like to invite you to the 2015 Climate Knowledge Brokers Workshop at UN City in Copenhagen, Denmark on June 23 and 24, and the CKB outreach event and panel discussion on June 22, 2015.
The two-day workshop offers a dynamic mix of interactive sessions, peer-learning and peer-assistance, as well as effective networking. The main objective is to discuss the CKB manifesto and the proposition of the “Climate Knowledge Grid”, following the CKB objective to enable decision makers and individuals faced with the challenges of climate change to take decisions based on high quality, comprehensive data, information, and knowledge. Highlights of the workshop are:
- Presenting and discussing the Climate Knowledge Broker Manifesto;
- Revising the concept of the Climate Knowledge Grid; and the
- Climate Knowledge Sharing Clinics.
The event is hosted by the Climate Technology Centre & Network (CTCN) and organized by the CKB Coordination Hub with support from the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP), and the Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN).
More information about the workshop, including background and logistics notes are available online:
- Workshop announcement: http://goo.gl/wkki8B
- Background Note: http://goo.gl/APGIiX (PDF)
- Logistics Note: http://goo.gl/twifFI (PDF)
- Preliminary Workshop Agenda: http://goo.gl/jSZPGS (PDF)
Participation in the CKB Workshop is free. Please register for the event online: http://goo.gl/SqsOTo
In addition to the workshop, we are organizing an outreach event and panel discussion on “Creating a ‘Climate Knowledge Grid’” on the afternoon of June 22. CKB members are invited to present their initiatives in the format of an “elevator pitch”, a short summary describing their organization and value proposition to a broad audience. A cocktail reception at the UN City following the panel discussion offers an additional forum for networking, including a poster session for climate knowledge initiatives.
- May 31: deadline to register for the workshop at http://goo.gl/SqsOTo during the registration, please also indicate if you would like to present a knowledge-related challenge in the CKB climate knowledge sharing clinic
- June 10: deadline for submitting a ‘snapshot presentation’ on your initiative, to be hosted on the CKB web space. If you have already submitted one for previous workshops, it is now a good time to update it!
- 22 June, 14:00: outreach event, followed by a meet-and-greet cocktail reception
- 23-24 June: CKB Workshop at UN City, Marmorvej 51, 2100 Copenhagen
We are looking forward to seeing you in Copenhagen!
Sigi Kluckner and Karina Larsen
|This workshop is made possible with the support of REEEP and the Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN), with funding from the UK Department for International Development and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands. It is kindly hosted by CTCN, with reporting support from Green Ink. Additional support is provided by our corporate sponsors, DNV GL and the Semantic Web Company.
Organized and Supported by: