- This event has passed.
COP21 Side Event: Harnessing Investment for Low Emission Development and INDCs
December 10, 2015 @ 1:15 pm - 2:45 pm
Organisers: LEDS Global Partnership and the National Council for Climate Change and Clean Development Mechanism of the Government of the Dominican Republic
Achieving the ambitious goals countries have established in their low emission development strategies (LEDS) and intended nationally determined contributions (INDCs) requires mobilization of high levels of private and public investment.
This event will highlight approaches and lessons learned from countries in securing public and private funds to scale up action on low emission development. In particular, the event will offer insights on effective investment strategies and instruments from the governments of the Dominican Republic, Morocco, and the Philippines. It will also provide a perspective from the private sector on actions for enabling private capital mobilization and offer an opportunity for open dialogue with the audience.
- Location: Observer Room 12, Le Bourget, France
- Date: Thursday 10 December, 2015
- Time: 13:15-14:45 (Local time, France)
- Speakers & Moderators:
- Jane Ebinger, World Bank
- Omar Ramirez Tejada, National Council for Climate Change and Clean Development Mechanism, Government of the Dominican Republic – Chair LEDS Latin American and the Caribbean Regional Platform
- Joyceline Goco, Climate Change Commission, Government of the Philippines
- Omar Zemrag, Ministry of Environment, Government of Morocco (TBC)
- Private Sector Representative (TBC)
For updates on this event, please visit: http://ledsgp.org/event/event-harnessing-investment-for-low-emission-development-and-indcs/